Friday, December 4, 2009

Poolish Baguettes

The Poolish - made the day before & rested overnight in the fridge...
Sifting my whole wheat flour to see if I can filter out any bran...
No bran at all! So I take the advice of Mr. Reinhart & add only two tbsp whole wheat flour & the rest will be bread flour...
My messy mise en place...
A big sticky glob...
After 6 minutes of machine mixing - that's better!
First ferment - room temperature for two hours...
Doubled in size...& then kneeded by hand for one minute...
Back into the bowl...
Second room temperature ferment for two hours...
Doubled again!
Divided into three...
Letting rest for a few minutes...
Pulled into longer baguettes & proofed at room temperature for one hour on the couche...
Cut in half & scored...
First batch is in the oven...
Gorgeous! Of course I cannot resist the urge to break one of these baguettes apart right away & take a bite!
Beautiful!...
Art!
I think I might frame some of these pics!
The crumb was wonderful...the lighter baguettes were chewy while the darker golden ones were more crunchy, but still chewy on the inside...
A light breakfast...

Wonderful recipe! I'll be making this one again & again!

2 comments:

  1. Your scoring is making me very envious. You got it perfectly. The photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This breakfast looks perfect! So happy to see this blog!

    ReplyDelete