Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Multigrain Bread Extraordinaire

Make ahead soaker of quinoa, rolled oats & wheat bran...
Mixed with 1/4 cup water...
Soak at room temperature overnight...
My messy 'mise en place' once again...notice the error of the molasses - I didn't need that!
Wet & dry ingredients...
A big glob of multigrain goo...
After 10 minutes of machine mixing - finally at 80'degrees...
90-minute room temperature ferment...
More than doubled in size...
Shaped into a boule & a loaf... sprinkled with poppy seeds...
Another 90-minute proof at room temperature...& doubled in size yet again...
Use my matfer (special blade to slice dough) for designs...
Baked at 350' degrees for about 35-40 minutes...Beautiful color & appearance...
The bread was hearty, but yet very light...with a very distinct, yet sweet, flavor...
Made for a wonderful leftover salmon & spinach open faced sandwich...This bread was wonderful toasted with a bit of butter as well...I'll definitely be making this multigrain again!

2 comments:

  1. The scoring marks are wonderful! Your loaves look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I am so glad I read this one. I plan to make soaker tonight and finish tomorrow. Been so busy...I feel like I need to get caught up! Your multi grain looks perfect! Thanks for sharing. Happy baking

    ReplyDelete