Thursday, May 21, 2009

Greek Celebration Bread

Something is wrong...terribly wrong...in the photo above...
the full recipe for the poorish is in this bowl...& I didn't even figure it out until the end of the kneeding process...D*A*M*N...double damn!...
Not one to cry too much, I just dumped more flour & more cinnamon to compensate that I used 2 1/2x the amount of poorish... & divided the dough in 2 bowls... still...ARGH!!! ...the first rise...
2nd rise...
Ok...this looks like something you might find in a plastic surgeons office... Who am I kidding?..I live in So.Cal...you find that everywhere... whatever... into the oven...
At 35 minutes they were pretty well done...
Lemon glaze...yum...
For not having very high expectations, the Greek Celebration bread turned out suprisingly good...more like a dense cinnamon bread...
Again, the bread tasted great toasted...its all gone...& I'll never make that silly mistake again...

3 comments:

  1. I think that was meant to happen, since you got double the amount of bread!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny. Great looking! YUM!
    Nice to be baking along with you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice -er- dough. The loaves are beautiful, and as long as they taste good, then it was successful. Remember, flavor rules!

    ReplyDelete