Saturday, November 21, 2009

Light Wheat Bread

My messy mise en place...
Wet & dry ingredients...
Coarse ball of dough...
Six minutes of machine kneading - dough is a bit warmer than the desired temperature of 77' - 81'F...
Two hour room temperature ferment...
Doubled in size...
Pressed into a rectangle & formed into a loaf...
Another 90 minute proof at room temperature...
The dough definitely crested above the lip of the pan...
WHOA! After baking for 45 minutes at 350'F its HUGE!!!
Highest rise I've ever seen from my kitchen!


What a solid chunk of bread!
The bread was nice toasted - very distinct wheat texture & taste...Not my favorite - but still fun to try...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, did you ever get great oven spring. I agree, this bread was ho-hum. Keep going, there are some great ones coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great huge rise on that loaf! Awesome. This bread was also not really my fave, but the bread did make great stuffing for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete